Ethernet MAC Spoofing works under Darwin

Update in 2018: This is totally unnecessary in the last 10 years of MacOS.

I’m using xnu-344.34 from Apple’s download site. I’m using the software and patches like I document in this blog.

I created one more supplementary patch that I needed to apply, and it worked.

A few caveats:

  1. I basically made a certain error go away by putting the right case in a switch statement. I’m not 100% sure that I did the right thing. I just did something that seems to work. Nothing reboots, nothing blows up.
  2. I still need patches for Libnet in order to make Nemesis work. I’m going to document that separately.
  3. I am experiencing the DHCP weirdness that is documented on the slagheap site. My wireless (Airport Extreme) won’t do DHCP, but my wired ethernet will. Hmmm.